Smoked Salmon Mini Frittatas
Mini frittatas are a fantastic, high protein meal that is quick to whip up and throw into the oven. This recipe calls for smoked salmon to be whisked into the egg mixture; however, feel free to use any cooked meat that you have on hand and any chopped veggies you might have on hand. Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Here’s what you need…
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup diced shallots
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz smoked salmon, cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 6 eggs
- 8 egg whites
- ¼ cup coconut cream or Greek yoghurt
- 2 Tablespoons minced chives, divided
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease 6 (8oz) ramekins with olive oil and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium skillet add the olive oil, shallots, sea salt and black pepper over medium heat for 4 minutes. Add the smoked salmon and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Divide the salmon mixture between the 6 ramekins.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, egg whites, coconut cream and half of the chives. Whisk until fully blended. Divide the egg mixture between the 6 ramekins.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until fully set. Garnish with the remaining chives. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 156 calories, 10g fat, 642mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate, 1g fibre, and 15g protein
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe to your friends.